The Ultimate Controlled Lighting System for Color Quality
Consistent quality control in color-critical product categories is finally possible thanks to the SpectraLight QC light booth and luminaire. This holistic visual color assessment system features state-of-the-art light sources, including natural filtered daylight, making it easy to meet practically any specification. A data-driven back-end ensures inter-instrument agreement across the supply chain, allowing unprecedented reporting and traceability on unit settings, lamp performance, operator certifications, and more.
The SpectraLight QC features seven light sources, more than any other light booth or luminaire on the market.This includes CIE Daylight, Cool White Fluorescent, Incandescent “A” & 2300K/Horizon, UVA, and two more fluorescent types (choice of U30, U35, TL83, and TL84). Profiles can be created to share preferences and settings across the supply chain.
- Filtered tungsten halogen daylight provides the most accurate daylight simulation available for optimum visual assessment.
- Built-in sensors automatically adjust fluorescent lamp voltage to achieve instant stability and compensate for changes in lamp performance after many hours of use.
- Every instrument starts with exacting UV calibration. Built-in sensors monitor and correct UV output to maintain inter-instrument agreement.
- Real-time digital lux output can be adjusted to comply with ASTM and AATCC standards based on the sample type or user needs.
- X-Rite replacement lamps are marked with unique serial numbers to ensure consistent performance and better traceability.
Lighting is one of the most critical influencers of accurate color evaluation. By using the SpectraLight QC light booth during the design, specification, pre-production, production and quality assurance stages, color can be accurately evaluated under all relevant lighting conditions. This acts to reduce human error and waste due to rejects and rework, shorten time to market and improve overall product quality. The system also includes value-added training programs through the X-Rite Visual QC Institute.